Position: Education and Employment Specialist
Reports to: Senior Director for Residential Programs
Function: Develops educational and employment plans, resources and opportunities for adults with serious mental
• Participates as an active member of residential teams in developing and implementing person-centered
education and employment related goals and objectives.
• Collaborates with program directors to identify participants.
• Provides education and employment readiness needs assessments and develops individualized Education &
Employment plans congruent with participant needs, preferences, goals and readiness
• Provides career counseling, employment skills readiness training, and other activities related to employment
readiness in group and individual modalities.
• Identifies educational, vocational and job readiness programs and resources and makes referrals.
• Develops educational and employment initiatives including, but not limited to peer internship program,
individual and group tutoring, mentoring and job coaching from resources in the community
• Develops liaisons with educational, vocational and supportive employment providers.
• Develops employment opportunities for participants by establishing linkages and relationships with potential
employers in the community.
• Works with employers and educational institutions to promote employment accommodations for participants,
according to participant need.
• Provides support and coaching to assist participants engaged in educational, employment or employment
readiness activities to improve behaviors, interpersonal skills, and work ethics necessary to maintain
• Assists individuals in understanding and managing changes to their benefits and entitlements based on their
• Assures monitoring and documentation of participant progress by developing and maintaining tracking and
progress reports related to placement and retention.
• Establishes a database of training and placement resources.
• Attends in-service training as requested by supervisory personnel.
• Provides consultation to program staff.
• Duties as assigned by supervisor
Qualifications: M.A. in education, employment counseling, rehabilitation or related human services field with significant experience in vocational/educational assessment, readiness and placement with the target population. Strong organizational, interpersonal and written/oral communication skills.
Salary: $56,000 – $60,000 plus generous benefits
|Job Category||Nonprofit, Full Time, Case Manager, Direct Care|