Position: Addictions Specialist
Reports to: Senior Director for Residential Programs
Function: Delivers recovery oriented, harm reduction & prevention services to individuals who have substance use
and/or co-occurring disorders. Serves as a consultant to other staff members providing training as indicated.
• Participates as an active member of the residential team in developing and implementing person-centered
recovery oriented treatment plan goals and objectives.
• Collaborates with program director to identify participants.
• Provides recovery and education services on an individual and group basis for clients with substance use and co-occurring disorders.
• Provides functional skills and substance use assessments in order to develop individualized needs-based plans
congruent with client needs, preferences, goals and readiness.
• Establishes and maintains liaison with primary provider of medical, psychiatric and substance use treatment.
• Liaises and makes appropriate referrals to in-patient and outpatient substance use treatment and support groups.
• Administers standardized health screening tools.
• Documents client response to services, progress and regressions, and provides ongoing feedback to client and
• Facilitates crisis intervention in the event of an emergency.
• Submits necessary notes and reports, including incident reports, in compliance with agency procedures.
• Develops and maintains a resource guide for clients and staff on substance use treatment and support programs.
• Provides consultation and coordination for in-staff training and support on addiction related services for the
• Attends in-service training as requested by supervisory personnel.
• Duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications: B.A. in psychology or a human services related field, M.A. preferred, significant experience working with adults with substance use disorders or co-occurring substance use and mental health disorders. Strong written and verbal communication skills with knowledge of evidence-based practices in substance use treatment. CASAC preferred.
Salary: $56,000 – $60,000 plus generous benefits
|Job Category||Nonprofit, Full Time, Direct Care, CASAC|