New York Systemic, Therapeutic, Assessment, Resources and Treatment (NYSTART) will increase the community capacity to provide an integrated response to people with intellectual/developmental disabilities and behavioral health needs, as well as their families and those who provide support. This will occur through cross systems relationships, training, education, and crisis prevention and response in order to enhance opportunities for healthy, successful and richer lives. For more information on START, please visit www.centerforstartservices.org.
NY START – will provide community-based crisis prevention and intervention services for individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities (I/DD) and co-occurring mental health (MH) and behavioral health needs.
NY START – will help individual obtain adequate treatment options when they need them most in the least restrictive setting possible.
Under the supervision of the START Director, the START Medical Director is responsible for providing medical/psychiatric consultation and training for all team members in the Region 5 NY START team, as-needed treatment for guests at the START Resource Centers, and collaboration with existing service providers for individuals with a developmental disability and behavioral health needs. Job duties include:
• Provide consultation and training to staff
• Collaborate with primary treating physicians of individuals supported by START
• Consultation to psychiatric hospital regarding treatment of individuals with IDD and mental or behavioral health needs
• Participate in recurring team meetings as necessary
• Provide on-site consultation and treatment as needed for guests receiving resource center service
• M.D/D.O or APRN with specialty in psychiatry or developmental pediatrics licensed to practice in New York
• Extensive experience with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD), specifically working with individuals who have IDD, is necessary