The MHA mission is to engage all people in achieving their optimal mental health by providing innovative and compassionate services that educate, advocate, prevent and heal.
To achieve its mission, the MHA sponsors a variety of educational, advocacy and service programs, including mental health education, rehabilitation, residential services, family and youth support services, and therapeutic foster care.
ABOUT THE DIRECTOR OF HOME AND COMMUNITY BASED WAIVER:
The Mental Health Association in Ulster County, Inc. is seeking a full-time (37.5 hours per week) motivated and experienced mental health professional serving Ulster and Sullivan Counties. The Home and Community Based Waiver (HCBW) program provides intensive individual care coordination services to 30 youth with serious emotional disturbances and their families. The Family Support Team provides parent-driver, family focused program staff of parents who have personal experiences navigating the system to gain services for the child with special needs. The Respite Program provides temporary and specialized care to youth with social, emotional or behavioral challenges with the purpose of providing parents/caregiver time to attend to other family matters. The Program Director is responsible for: supervision of all staff; management of all services provided to the children and families which include case management, intakes, screenings, assessment of needs, service plan development, in-home crisis interventions, linking children/families to services, advocacy, and program monitoring. In addition to, overseeing fiscal management of the program; working with the counties Mental Health and DSS personnel to coordinate all aspects of the programs.
Additional Responsibilities include:
– Intake and discharge of program participants.
– Work with local, county, and state agencies as needed.
– Lead the Quality Assurance Program for each program.
– Meet the required NYS Regulations.
Required Qualifications include:
– Qualifications include a NYS Teachers Certificate or a Licensed professional in a Human Services field with 3 years of administrative/managerial experience.
– Experience working within the Mental Health field is a must.
– Experience and knowledge of Medicaid billing and NYS policies is required.
– Candidate must have a clean, valid, NYS driver’s license.
*Attractive benefits package: excellent health insurance, dental & vision insurance, retirement, & more!