With the appointment of the Citizen Advocates’ long standing COO Dean Johnston to the CEO role in December 2016, the organization is currently seeking a new COO.
The COO has the responsibility and authority for all aspects of Citizen Advocates’ operations. S/he is responsible for ensuring programs operate in compliance with CA’s policies and practices, Council on Quality and Leadership Accreditation Standards and State and Federal requirements. The COO provides leadership and direction to the heads of Behavioral Health, Developmental Disabilities, Facilities and Transportation, and Information Technology. S/he directs and monitors the consistent implementation of the CA’s strategic plan.
Reporting to the CEO, the successful COO will have the skills, sensitivity and inclusive management style necessary to motivate and develop the staff and deliver an excellent quality of services to the community.
As Citizen Advocates looks to continue growing in program quality and increasing its impact in New York State’s North Country, the COO will be a key partner to the CEO in enhancing its existing management structure for future growth. S/he will also serve as a staff liaison to the Board of Directors.
The COO will work internally throughout the organization and in collaborative support of the CEO to address Citizen Advocates’ objectives in engaging and developing partnerships with other agencies, expanding its name recognition, and becoming an employer-of-choice in the region.
The COO must work closely with the staff to promote and maintain an open, inclusive environment that emphasizes transparency and teamwork.
- Responsible for ensuring program delivery within the core lines of Citizen Advocates’ business, behavioral health and intellectual/developmental disabilities are soundly managed, and that best practices are deployed that lead to positive outcomes for all clients.
- Provide strong and inspirational day-to-day leadership and oversee all administrative/operational functions.
- Support an open door policy among all staff; cultivate the values of a client driven culture throughout the organization.
- Work with the Director of Information Technology to ensure the organization’s current technology needs are properly addressed. Be strategic in continual examination of the benefits of new hardware and software.
- Ensure that the organizations’ programs are in compliance with all federal state, funding, and city regulations, certifications, and licensing requirements.
- Lead and manage training and ongoing development for staff.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible professional management experience in human service program delivery, including knowledge of compliance standards and fiscal regulations with a minimum of five years in a leadership role.
- A proven track record of success as a strong, collaborative internal manager and external representative of an organization.
- Exceptional capacity for managing and leading people.
- A team builder who has experience in managing organizational change including complexity of systems and communication between programs.
- Knowledgeable in the fields of behavioral health and/or intellectual/developmental disabilities or related experience within comparable human service delivery organization.
- An ability to develop, manage and assess budgets and financial reports in conjunction with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
- Strong planning and organizational skills; effectively interacting with a large workforce and client base.
- Comfortable initiating new projects, able to work self-directed, have good instincts and a willingness to ask for help when required.
- Capacity to help staff establish goals and objectives and to be accountable for outcomes, develop and empower top-notch leaders from the bottom up and cultivate teamwork.
- A creative and energetic personality with strong interpersonal relationship skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or equivalent advanced degree or an advanced non-Human Services related degree.
Full position description can be found HERE.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT
David Hinsley Cheng, Managing Partner
Jill Sarah Moscowitz, Associate
DRG – Executive Search Consultants
275 Madison Avenue, Suite 1203
New York, NY 10016
Please submit a resume and cover letter.
Fax: (212) 983-1687