CONTINUING EDUCATION POLICIES
As a provider of continuing education credits, ACLAIMH complies with all policies and guidelines set forth by the licensing/credentialing entity. Currently CE credit courses are only available during our state-wide and regional conferences. Not all workshops will qualify for credit; therefore, any workshop which offers CE credit will be designated as such in all event and promotional materials.
In order to earn continuing education contact hours at one of our events, you MUST:
- Indicate your interest during online registration for the event
- Select each type of license or credential that you currently hold
- Provide your complete name (as it appears on your license)
- Provide a unique email address (not a group email address)
- Provide your license number for each type selected.
**Note: Individuals registered through the “Guest” section CANNOT earn CE credits.**
Once onsite, it is your responsibility to make sure you are recorded as attending each credit-worthy session that you signed up for. An ACLAIMH staff person or committee member will be at the entrance of the assigned meeting room for participant check-in and check-out. Depending on the type of conference, they will either electronically scan each name badge or provide a roster requiring your signature. YOU MUST CHECK-IN AND CHECK-OUT OF EACH SESSION.
Please Note: Regulations require that participants be present for the entire approved educational activity in order to receive a certificate for continuing education contact hours; partial credit cannot and will not be awarded.
- There is no accommodation for late arrivals, late returns from lunches or breaks, or early departures.
- If you register to attend a workshop with multiple parts, you MUST attend each part to receive contact hours. Partial credit will not be awarded. (For example: if a workshop is listed in our Annual Conference Journal as Part I and Part II, you must attend both parts for a total of 3.0 contact hours. You will not receive any credit for attending only Part I.)
Anyone that earned continuing education contact hours at one of our conferences will be emailed a personalized Certificate of Completion, which will include a list of all the workshops where credit was awarded. Certificates will be sent within 10 business days of the close of the event. (Regional conference attendees will also receive a certificate of attendance onsite; these do not show credits earned and cannot be used to document continuing education hours.)
During each conference, you will be given the opportunity to complete an evaluation for every workshop you attend.
- Regional Conferences – course evaluation forms are distributed during registration check-in. Additional blank forms are available at the registration desk, if needed. Completed forms can be returned to the registration desk at the end of the conference.
- State-wide Conferences – electronic course evaluations are available within the ACLAIMH event mobile app. If you need assistance navigating the app and all of its features, visit the conference registration desk. A limited supply of blank evaluation forms will be available for anyone unable to use the mobile app.
ACLAIMH will maintain course information and transcript records in their database for a minimum of 6 years from the presentation date. To obtain a copy of your transcript, you must submit your request in writing to the ACLAIMH Events Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request must include your full name, unique email address, complete mailing address, the type of earned credits that should appear on the transcript (i.e., social work CEs vs. CASAC) and the corresponding license number. Transcripts will be emailed to the unique address provided in your request. Please allow 10 business days for processing.
NYS Licensed Social Workers
The Association of Community Living Agencies in Mental Health, Inc. (ACLAIMH), SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0281.
CASAC / CPP / CPS
The Association of Community Living Agencies in Mental Health, Inc. (ACLAIMH) is recognized by New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS) Education and Training – Provider Certification Number 1214. Training under a New York State OASAS Provider Certification is acceptable for meeting all or part of the CASAC/CPP/CPS education and training requirements.
NYS Licensed Mental Health Counselors
Association of Community Living Agencies In Mental Health, Inc. (ACLAIMH) is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed mental health counselors. #MHC-0069.